Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I am weary tonight, and not solely from the lateness of the hour. It's been a damn exhausting week. I want to feel like I can lay down my sword and stop fighting in all directions, stop trying to fend off attacks. On the one hand, a very exhausting argument with a friend who is an atheist and has spent the evening trying to ram that down my throat and coerce some kind of admittance that she's right about there being no God. On the other, over the past week or so, many, many Christians who have, knowingly or unknowingly, tried to push fundamentalism on me. And here I am in the middle, trying to just get by and practice my faith, exercise my beliefs, in peace.

Makes me kind of homesick. At least there I could believe what I believe without people always trying to argue the point with me. This has been a very tiring week. I pray (literally and idiomatically) that the next 365 days will make up for the past seven.

No comments: